Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Which graphic design software do you use?

There is a bunch of different – both paid and free – graphic design software available. And Adobe Photoshop is probably the most popular one. But I don’t want to pay for a subscription and there are actually other options available. I’ve been using Affinity and their full suite of programs like Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo, and Affinity Publisher. They work great and are just as professional as any of the Adobe offerings, and best of all is that you don’t need to pay for a subscription to use them.

All the Affinity apps currently has a 90-day free trial, and they also offer a 50% discount. So, what are you waiting for, go and try the apps if you haven't already. 😉

"Even if everyone agrees, everyone can be wrong."

• 4 months later...

I don't really create that many graphics so I've never bothered trying a paid software and I've never looked into getting a free software either. I just use that runs on the Gravit Designer website which is good enough for me.

I just use GIMP for logo editing and things like that. If Photoshop wasn't so expensive I'd use that and I've been tempted several times to buy a year of it but haven't done that. Since they charge by the month or year it's a bit disappointing but on the plus side it's only $120/year if you get the photography plan. I just haven't found the need to pay that much yet. If they would just have a one-time license and then charge for updates only it would be so much more worth it.

But GIMP tends to be the winner in this situation as it's great for quick logo edits in my opinion.

On 7/20/2021 at 8:55 PM, TopSilver said:

Since they charge by the month or year it's a bit disappointing but on the plus side it's only $120/year if you get the photography plan. I just haven't found the need to pay that much yet. If they would just have a one-time license and then charge for updates only it would be so much more worth it.

You should definitely test Affinity then; it'll cost about half that and give you a single license which you can use forever. 😉

"Even if everyone agrees, everyone can be wrong."