Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

When starting up your forum, which do you prefer to use? Whether it be Invision, Xenforo, PhpBB, MyBB, etc. For me I always originally started out on PhpBB as it was free and I got very used to how it worked though I did get confused by the admin panel at times. Then I eventually would start up a site with Xenforo as I had more money to sink into the project and liked the design for it. Though I liked Xenforo more, I didn't like the money it takes to keep it running. Especially if you get the add-ons such as the resource center and having to renew the license every year.

• 2 weeks later...

This is one of those heated talks of all talks on what do you use or like and or preferred. I mean at times most people might pick a forum software that they do not even like or they have no choice. I mean answers will be different. I started off with SMF as my first forum site, party to get the foot in the door and wanted something free to start off rather than spending all out and get to the point that I dislike it and close it fully down.

THen after 6 months I moved to IPB and for 5 long years been with them since then, YEAH.. Not cheap to run you know.