Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What was your very first programming language that you learned? For me, it was Python when I was in high school as I took a class for it. Though the class was originally for Javascript which I was more interested in at the time I took the time to learn python and I did enjoy the class for the most part. I definitely found it to be an interesting language to start out with but I know some people hate python for how it works and such as it is different from other languages.

But what about you? Which language did you learn first?

• Like 1

Java was the first programming language that I learned ... and I hated it so much 🤮 and haven't used it for years. Now, I barely remember anything of it.

• Like 1

"Even if everyone agrees, everyone can be wrong."

• 2 weeks later...

About to answer then you said programming language and I'm like, well going to say it anyway. HTML/CSS right people. Yes indeed. Got to start off basic before anything else as HTML/CSS is needed for everything.  🙂 

After that was God damn Java, and I was bad at it. I mostly did games and looked online and get the code. 

• Haha 2
On 8/9/2021 at 12:59 PM, Empire said:

After that was God damn Java, and I was bad at it.

Why do programming courses always have to start with Java?! Is it just a way for them to weed out most students? Because if their goal with forcing students to learn Java first is to suck out every last drop of enjoyment and excitement for programming from your students then they are doing a great job. 

• Like 1

BASIC, then DOS, then MSDOS. Then I figured out I suck at Math so the rest went bye bye.

HTML is my goto. I got lost at writing JAVA scripts and now barely understand CSS.

I am always grateful that Gen Y and Z create easy to use tools for designers like me.

But I am still dreaming of becoming Bill Gates. Not Bezos, he is an ZZA. 😆

On 8/17/2021 at 9:30 AM, GenXXanon said:

I am always grateful that Gen Y and Z create easy to use tools for designers like me.

Yes! There are some amazing WYSIWYG editors and services available these days. You can easily create some astonishing websites without any knowledge about programming or even basic HTML.