Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Microsoft Edge is now more popular than Mozilla Firefox

Last month, Microsoft's web browser Edge overtook Firefox and become the third most popular web browser, according to data published by StatCounter.

Edge now has a global market share of 3,4 percent while Firefox is at 3,29 percent. But Google Chrome remains the most popular and widely used web browser by far with 65,27 percent of the global market share.

I must say that I thought Firefox would remain the third most popular web browser for a little while longer, but it seems more and more people are starting to like Microsoft's new chromium-based web browser. But will anyone ever be able to dethrone Google Chrome as the most popular web browser? Right now, that does seem highly unlikely.

"Even if everyone agrees, everyone can be wrong."

• Simon changed the title to Microsoft Edge is now more popular than Mozilla Firefox

If I have it right, Edge is the default browser on some cell phones, unless of course you choose to switch to another browser. Edge is default on my phone, but I wouldn't mind trying it on my tablet as well. As long as it's not a gigabyte hog obviously 

15 hours ago, Ashley said:

Edge is the default browser on some cell phones

Yeah, mobile usage plays a huge part in these statistics. If you look at the data by StatCounter you can see that Samsung's own web browser that comes with their mobile phones and tablets could surpass Firefox soon. 

15 hours ago, Ashley said:

Edge is default on my phone, but I wouldn't mind trying it on my tablet as well. As long as it's not a gigabyte hog obviously 

I like Edge, I mostly use it on my desktop PC and it's really quick there without consuming too much memory.

"Even if everyone agrees, everyone can be wrong."

• 3 weeks later...

I never really used Mozilla-firefox, so aren't a big deal. I have used it many years ago when it was really different than on an XP system and remember being slow. I however use Chrome that is still very popular today more than other browsers. Edge does tend to copy Chrome you know, like extensions and how it works, yet more basic and fewer system resources it users. 

That's why I use it on my Gaming rig while streaming and gaming as it does not take much. End of the day people use what they want to use.