Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Guilded for making a forum?

Guilded is a new chat service that has forums built into it on top of calendars, RSVP features, as well as subs that works like patreon whilst taking significantly less than what patreon takes (5% - 12% from patreon, and only 2.5% from guilded). On top of that you get your own vanity URL as well as can build SEO around your vanity url. For the price of 100% free and the capabilities to instantly make money from it, what do you think the likeliness of people starting to merge over to Guilded instead of making forums and blogs would be?

FYI, I'm not a dev or in no way promoting Guilded, just someone interested in the question!

On 7/19/2021 at 4:48 PM, Xyphien said:

what do you think the likeliness of people starting to merge over to Guilded instead of making forums and blogs would be?

I'd say if you want to start a gaming community this would be among the best options for you. It's super interactive (with text AND voice chat options as well as more traditional forums and topics) and the UI would fit such a community perfectly. But for other niches? Not so much, I think. 

"Even if everyone agrees, everyone can be wrong."

• 6 months later...

It looks nice but I'm not sure how effective it would be, to be honest. The biggest problem is that once you started with Guilded, you're stuck with it and there's not an easy way to move over to another forum software.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Ash said:

The biggest problem is that once you started with Guilded, you're stuck with it and there's not an easy way to move over to another forum software.

Agreed, that's the problem with most of these free community services and hosts: you are not in control of the actual content. Your community and content it at the mercy of the company which runs the host and who any day could decide to close down your forum for whatever reason.

"Even if everyone agrees, everyone can be wrong."