Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do you use an ad-blocker?

Ad-blocker  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use an ad-blocker?

• Yes
    • No

I'd love to know how many here use an ad-blocker? How long have you been using your ad-blocker and will you turn it off for certain websites?

I would guess that the majority of users here are tech savvy and most likely have an ad-blocker installed and even some other privacy addons for their browser.  

It's okay, be honest, this website doesn't run any ads anyway. 😉

"Even if everyone agrees, everyone can be wrong."

I do. I rarely turn it off for sites unless they force me to do.

And if they do, they have to be a really important site that I really want to visit because if not, I just won't go on it.

• 2 weeks later...

I always hear that people using ad-blocker left, right and centre and always have threads and blogs starting that people use it far more than before. I do not blame them at one bit since major websites just kill your searches as it takes forever to load the adverts. You tend to wait for more for adverts to load than anything else then it eats up your bandwidth. But the argument is that those that run forums/blogs that have advertisements on their site won't earn anything as their main source of real traffic is using ad-blocker. Maybe that is why more websites are added more and more adverts to their site.

I myself never used it and always tend to see ads, I Mean I do get used too it however it does make my minde go crazy in rage with ads. 

On 8/9/2021 at 12:54 PM, Empire said:

Maybe that is why more websites are added more and more adverts to their site.

Yeah, I feel like most website owners have themselves to blame. Of course, people are fed up with ads and of course they will use ad-blockers when so many website owners just completely swamp their websites with privacy intrusive ads. 

"Even if everyone agrees, everyone can be wrong."