Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sneak peek at the new Achievements system in IPB

Invision Community (IPB) is planning to launch a new achievements system later this year that will let community owners further "gamify" their forums and award users for their activity. 

Check out these screenshots that was posted a few days inside Invision Community's restricted clients subforum:

1273972815_IPBAchievements1.thumb.png.7a8b5c8e35ec46aa188735e77e1847c5.png

2059067758_IPBAchievements2.jpg.b76e48355aad3e5c0ce96e0101006531.jpg

Here's a look at configuring a "Award points when a user posts 1000 topics" rule:

1043301290_IPBAchievements3.thumb.png.4063a477ad2ec5ecce8fb0443b3f8e63.png

Some rules can award different users too - for example, there is an action that fires when someone votes on a poll, but you can choose to award the voter and/or the poll author:

408009119_IPBAchievements4.png.512bc95df43a605deee0c9030dd017ed.png

I am so excited for this new feature!

That looks great. Do you know if this is something that will be included as standard with all IPB purchases or will it be available as an added purchase? I wish XenForo did something like this. I know they have their trophies system but it's pretty basic unfortunately

6 hours ago, Ash said:

Do you know if this is something that will be included as standard with all IPB purchases or will it be available as an added purchase?

We don't know much about it just yet, but it seems that this new achievement system will be available for all customers - both cloud and self-hosted customers - and that it will come with the core system.