Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What websites do you love to build?

What kind of websites do you enjoy developing and maintaining? 

I used to love designing and developing various blogs. But these days I've more interested in forums and online communities. Although I am a bit late to that party considering all the cool kids are now on hanging out on social media instead. But I am sure forums will see a resurecation soon... Yeah, I'm super confident in that. 😉

"Even if everyone agrees, everyone can be wrong."

• 2 weeks later...

I love to start forums over blogs, eventhough i blogged and it was successful. I find forum has better interaction with users when compared with blog.

Edited by Jason
22 hours ago, Sanjo said:

But I've probably built more blogs than any other type of website.

Yeah, blogs used to be so popular a few years ago. But today? Not so much. I wonder, what will be the next big thing after blogs?

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I find forum has better interaction with users when compared with blog.

That's true! I love to build and maintain online communities and meet new people from around the world. Forums just feels a bit different - and better - compared to the huge social media sites. And I think all these forums, both big and small, play a vital role in keeping the internet alive and open for everyone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Simon said:

Yeah, blogs used to be so popular a few years ago. But today? Not so much. I wonder, what will be the next big thing after blogs?

Nothing really. Because people won't leave their social media sites. 😜

14 hours ago, Sanjo said:

Nothing really. Because people won't leave their social media sites. 😜

Oh, I genuinely don't hope that's true. That would be extremely sad. 

They will once the important topic is discussed in a forum and there is a solution or answer for that. Social media sites just keeps updating and the discussion gets very less attraction.

It's too late @Player One. There is no going back. You are one of us now. Soon you will whine about social media stealing all your users while you're buying domain names in bulk and trying to sell them off for a little bit of profit. 😂

• Haha 1

Blogs are probably my least favourite site to build because I've never really had success with them. It's the complete opposite for forums though. Love building them and they usually do well (for a while anyway)

On 3/8/2021 at 10:27 PM, Ash said:

Blogs are probably my least favourite site to build because I've never really had success with them. It's the complete opposite for forums though. Love building them and they usually do well (for a while anyway)

Building and maintaining forums is pretty hard - especially these days. So, I'm glad you're having success with your forums. 🙂 Mind sharing a few tips with the rest of us? 😉 

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Jason said:

I love to start a movie rating website just like IMDB but for my country. This way i strongly believe i can get super hit and many will be part of it.

I'm sure such a community could be popular considering that IMDB recently closed their user forums. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/3/2021 at 5:09 PM, Jason said:

I don't use IMDB much but the ratings available in the website really helps. I didn't know about their forum closed to users.

They closed their community and movie forums and now they only have a support forum. I think it was because of moderation issues. 

• 2 months later...
On 3/13/2021 at 3:17 PM, Simon said:

Building and maintaining forums is pretty hard - especially these days. So, I'm glad you're having success with your forums. 🙂 Mind sharing a few tips with the rest of us? 😉 

People do like saying that content is important but first impressions are pretty important as well when you first start one. A nice looking logo and theme will help you out a lot when trying to attract new members to your forum. That, and a lot of luck in being able to get the right members on your forum. I was very lucky that my current core group of active members saw my post advertising the forum and joined up.

• 2 months later...